Thursday, May 04, 2006

Random Ramblings

My Sammy...stretching after waking up from a nap.
My Kitchen Goddess...I haven't caught the kitchen on fire since she's been watching over me cook.



Slacking and reading blogs...

I survived another stressful, annoying and CraZy morning at work! I'm running on empty & still trying to kick my lingering cold! My 2pm meeting just got cancelled and I have decided to make the most of my afternoon and do some slacking. I am addicted to reading stranger's blogs. I find so much beauty in these short glimpses into ordinary people's lives.

Just venting...

My mind is filled to the brim with thoughts...too many to keep track of! I've been in a rotten mood this week. As usual, I'm feeling unappreciated & taken for granted at work. I'm so uninspired and bored these days. I'm burned out, anxious and suffering from a terrible bout of insomnia. When I do get to sleep I have the most horrible dreams. Sammy has started howling at all hours of the night. If Stephen and I get up in the middle of the night to get water or go to the bathroom she wakes up & thinks it's time to eat breakfast. I filled her bowl up before I went to bed last night and it held her over until 5:30 this morning. I know this is a common occurance in older cats but I only wish I knew what I could do to help her. Feeding her late helps slightly. Stephen and Sammy both can't sleep...my poor babies. The three of us are sleep deprived and needing some TLC! I want to get home and cuddle with my babies!

Ghost Hunters...ooooh scary!...

Ghost Hunters was so good last night. After a few weeks of not finding any ghostly evidence the guys from TAPS went to investigate an old lighthouse in Florida. They caught two creepy pieces of evidence on film. One was video of what appeared to be someone looking down from the interior spiral staircase of the lighthouse. The other piece of film was a shadow that quickly moved down the interior staircase. It was chilling! I want to go home and play it back to see it again. The caretaker of the Lighthouse was a skeptic until he viewed the tape and it sent shivers down his spine. There have been a couple of other creepy things they've caught on tape but this has to be one of the best.

Swaps...

My swap is going strong and is listed as the #1 swap with over 60 participants! I had to boot one girl because she was rated a 1 by 7 people. None of them got their packages! I felt slightly bad about doing it but I really want people to have a good experience.

Well TTFN...I'm going to slack a little more, read some blogs and go home. I miss home!

No comments: