Monday, January 29, 2007

Zoo Day




I spent a nice day at the L.A. Zoo with Kristie and Izzy. I hadn't been there in many, many years and it brought back fond memories...especially the flamingo and the wax animal statues. There is quite a bit of construction going on & not many of the animals were out but it was empty & we had the place to ourselves which was really nice. The zoos here are definitely not as cool as the one I went to in Sydney! In Australia you can touch the koalas and feed the kangaroos and the fences are knee high. The animals have much more freedom to roam. I loved that zoo in Sydney...I felt like the biggest kid and I didn't want to leave. It was so much fun! The animals I saw yesterday looked kind of sad. I even saw a poor croc with pennies on his back! The new construction at the L.A. Zoo will make the animal habitats more spacious and I can't wait to return and see the progress...Izzy is such a ball of energy...it's good exercise chasing after her. I loved seeing the animals through her eyes.

No comments: