Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Monday


The weekend flew by and I felt like I hardly got to spend any of it with Stephen. I have some Valentine's surprises in the works that I hope he'll enjoy. I have decided to cook an elegant dinner at home. It's so much more romantic then dealing with the annoying V-Day crowds. I have the menu mostly planned out but I'm still trying to come up with a delicious, yet healthy dessert. I'm really excited! I've never been a big fan of "the day" but I do have a soft spot for the adorable cards, sweets and decorations. Having dinner here will give me a chance to be creative and try something a little different. Our first Valentine's Day was the best! We had a picnic in Laguna followed by an afternoon at Disneyland! I still have the big brown bear Stephen gave me. I'll never forget peeking out my window and seeing him get out of his car with the huge bear and a rose. It was so cute and the first time anyone had every done something like that for me. I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it!

I didn't think my poor Sammy was going to make it through the weekend! She got really sick on Friday. All weekend long she wouldn't eat, drink or meow. She looked awful and her eyes were sunken in. I gave her water through a syringe and kept an eye on her. She perked up a little yesterday afternoon but by this morning she was back! What a relief! I realize that she is very old and that she will die someday...I just don't know how I'm going to deal with it. She's been my best friend and given me unconditional love for 20 years. Losing that cat is a tough thing to imagine.

Auntie Pam's birthday party was on Saturday. It was fun hanging out with my family and making my mom take a Jell-O shot. I wish Stephen could have been there since it's only once in a blue moon my family has a shin-dig like that. The food was good and I even danced a bit after being forced on the dance floor by my Uncle Ralph. I'm a horrible dancer...but it was fun anyway. My mom introduced me to someone who I used to play with as a baby. She recently turned 30 so we commiserated about that for a bit. Then she started talking about her husband and three kids and then I felt like although we were the same age we were light years apart. I got that panicky feeling that I've been getting a lot lately...It's this nagging feeling inside telling me that I need to hurry...Ugh, I hate that feeling...it puts me in a bad mood. Most of my friends are married and the ones who are still single have fantastic careers. I feel like such a failure. I'm going to try and be patient, enjoy life and not rush...at least for a little while. I guess turning 30 is a bigger deal then I ever thought it would be! All these crazy things go through your mind. Just about everyone I know who has been there has told me that they felt the same way. I guess I'm not alone and you'll never understand unless you've been there...I wonder if it's any different for guys? As for my birthday, I am probably going to plan something for myself as usual. It's so hard for the event planner in me to lose control of MY event and so far no one has come up with any great ideas for me. I have a few ideas up my sleeve. I'm a little hesitant though because the last birthday dinner I planned ended up being a disaster and I ended up in tears by the end of the night. At least it was a memorable one! ha ha!

No comments: