Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fishies!!!

After almost a year we finally got fish for our aquarium. We tried saltwater for a little bit but after our hitchhiking crab and baby Nemo died we were a little hesitant to try again. Stephen changed his mind about saltwater after remembering all the work that would go into maintaining it. Freshwater is still pretty cool. Stephen insisted on mean looking Chiclids. We got a blue, a yellow and a striped one that I picked out. He's feisty and has bright yellow fin. He kept taunting me through the glass so I had the fish guy pick him out of the bunch. He was a hard one to catch! They're pretty cool. I'll take pictures soon. In other fishy news, I think my Betta has seen better days. I think the cold weather really took a toll on him. I will be surprised if he lasts another week. Poor slimy little thing!

I went to the gym with Jenn last night. I really wasn't feeling well mentally and physically...so it made for a horrible workout. I was there for about 45 minutes and although I did get my heart pumping I could have done better. We got there too late to get a SPINNING bike so we used the machines instead. The good thing about SPINNING or any class for that matter is that you're kind of locked in. You're forced to stick it out until the end. I can't seem to motivate myself to get to the gym daily. I was planning on going today but I'm already feeling lazy. At least the weekend hiking and Stephen and my nightly walks are keeping me active. Help! My motivation has disappeared!!! Hopefully I find it soon!

Here's another old school poem for your pleasure.

ME
You fairy tale princess, You movie star, You wild party girl, You weeping flower, You glass of champagne, You tortilla with butter, You shy tulip, You smiling baby doll, You dusty book, You love song, You quiet whisper, You beam of sunshine, You broken soul, You feather pillow, You headache, You beloved saint, You prude, You sexy siren, You cold shoulder, You hot salsa, You jet-setter, You homegirl, You forbidden fruit, You worshipped goddess, You dreamy child, You wilted rose, You autumn breeze, You worn out sweater, You charming angel. You.
P.S. There will be more to come. I'm working on a NEW poem and some new art...My motivation to work out has disappeared but my creativity has been found! Go figure!

No comments: