Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blog-O-Line is back!!!

Geez, it's been awhile! So much has happened and I have so much to share. First, and most importantly...after months of interviews and countless rejections I found a job. I'm working for a small non-profit in West Hollywood. I had several offers but I picked the one with the nicest people and highest salary. Unfortunately, it's the farthest from home and I get out at 6pm which stinks. I got home at 8pm one day! Arghhhh! I've been here two and a half weeks and I'm slowly adjusting to commuting and being a stressed out, working girl again. I must say that it feels good to be working. I do miss my daily errands and freedom. I don't miss being broke! I have a grown-up title and I'm in the field of my choice. I don't know if this is my dream job - probably not, but time will tell. I am thankful to not have to go on another interview or get anymore job hunting advice from friends and family. No offense to those of you who offered advice...but what I really needed in that situation was an ear, a hug and some real job leads! I'm thinking of writing an article about the experiences I had on this journey...some of the interviews were pretty humorous. Anyway, this job has been an adventure so far. Other then the traffic I think the only other things I dislike about my job is the parking garage (it smells like piss) and the bathroom (you need a key, only one toilet works and it's just nasty). So, there's a little bit about my job. I will tell you more details as soon as I'm settled and actually know what I'm doing. I just did a fun swap where I had to take random pictures with a disposable camera and send it to my swap partner. I had so much fun taking pictures throughout my day so I got an idea to take pictures of a day in the life (of me) and post them here...so keep checking in for that. I may do it tomorrow since most of my office is in NY this week. =) Other then the new job I've been busy with a thousand birthdays and graduations. I've been going going going! It's been crazy! Anyway, I'll try and get into the habit of posting daily or at the very least, weekly. Check in and say hello! Drop me a line and give this blog some love!

No comments: