Friday, June 22, 2007

I Believe in Ghosts!!!

I am a swap addict! I keep telling myself that I need to cut down on swaps, especially with a new job that hogs most of my time these days. I just can't stop! I'm at least going to try and cut down on the swaps that require a trip to the post office. It's so addicting! I get sad when I don't have any swaps lined up. Nothing beats coming home to a swap package full of swappy goodness! I joined a easy swap called I Believe in Ghosts which requires me to write a letter to someone telling them about why I believe in ghosts. Lately some odd things have been going on in our little blue house so I thought this was an appropriate swap. Other then whats been going on in our house I have had two other "paranormal experiences" happen to me while staying in old hotels. I'll fill you in on those another time but let me tell you about the experiences going on in our home sweet home. The house we live in was built in the early 1920's and that's pretty much all I know of it's history. I love the house despite a few annoyances like the tiny bathroom and the non-existent counter space. The only thing creepy about it is the basement which I actually only peeked into. We moved in almost exactly one year ago and here are some of the things that have happened.

1. A few days after moving in I was taking a nap on the couch. I woke up because I felt someone touching my feet. I opened my eyes and saw what I thought was Stephen duck behind the couch and crawl into the computer room. I thought he was playing a joke on me and I was rather annoyed so I went back to sleep. When I woke up I looked for him and he wasn't there. He was still at work! Now this all could have been my imagination or a weird dream so I just brushed it off and didn't think much of it until other things started to happen.

2. On Thanksgiving I was on the couch and Stephen was in the shower. At the same time we both smelled an intense perfume smell. He thought I sprayed perfume under the door (why on earth would I do that!?) and I didn't know where it came from.

3. The trash can lid will swing on its own. Stephen saw it happen the first time and then one day I was cooking soup and I saw it with my own eyes. I thought that something at the top fell to the bottom to cause it to swing. I checked it and tried to find the cause. I couldn't recreate what happend except by pushing the lid. I stepped back and was looking at the trash can very confused and then it did it again!

4. I was in the kitchen and I felt as if someone was behind me. I figured that Stephen came in quietly to sneak up on me. I turned around and no one was there. It gave me the chills.

5. We hear steps on our porch quite often. I run to peek out the window to see who it is and no one is there. We thought it might be an animal or our imagination. I had a bunch of friends over for a party and we had the front door open. I heard the footsteps and several of the girls peeked outside to see who was coming up the steps. No one was there and this was witnessed by several people who knew nothing of these sounds.

6. Stephen was leaving for work and when he walked through the kitchen he heard a women's voice whisper "Staaaaaaay". Now keep in mind that he is one of the most honest people I know and doesn't make up stories or invent things. At least the voice didn't say "Get Out!"

So there you go! You be the judge! I'm sure you skeptics can come up with some logical explanations. I'll update you if something else spooooky happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that house is haunted, we all heard someone knocking at the door last night and poof no one is there, at least its a friendly ghost, or so it seems...

Victor Salazar said...

One word... MOVE THE F OUT OF THERE!!!

Well, not one word but still.