Monday, July 09, 2007

Life just aint' fair!

Rose's death is starting to sink in. I can't stop thinking about our last lunch and how unfair her death is. The service was Friday and it was beautiful. There were loving words said by friends, a harpist and lovely flowers and pictures. Her daughter and son-in-law are strong and loving people. They planned her funeral just the way she would have liked it with every last detail just perfect. Rose taught me everything about event planning. We used to have so much fun when we'd go for walk through and food tastings at the Hyatt. Those were fun times! During her funeral a strong wind full of electricity came out of nowhere. It was a hot windless day and the wind whipped up and surrounded the crowd. A few people remarked afterwards that the wind was a sign from Rose saying she's okay. I'd like to believe this is true.

The rest of the weekend came and went too fast. I hung out by the pool with Jenny, wacthed a very bloody UFC fight & spent some time with my parents on Sunday. Today I'm feeling tired and gloomy. I'm headed home for some carnitas burritos with Stephen. I can't wait to get out of the traffic zoo and get home!

No comments: