Monday, April 17, 2006

Stuck in my cube


Stephen, Greg & Jenn played hookie! I called Stephen and they were having lunch at Lee's Sandwich's while I'm here stuck in my cubicle! I'm so jelous! It's such a nice day! Oh well, I can't be too upset because when they're at work next Friday I'll be taking the day off to pamper myself. =) I actually got out & took my lunch to the ghetto park down the street. I parked under a tree and listened to the radio. I considered sitting on the grass but I thought I should stay out of the sun because my face is already beet red, raw & swollen! The sunburn I got yesterday was worse then I thought! I tried my best to camouflage it with make-up but I still got a couple stares & comments from co-workers.

I joined two swaps on swapbot. I'm going to be swapping collage items & notecards. This is my first try at swapping so we'll see how it goes. I'm really excited because I love getting stuff in the mail! I'm thinking of creating my own crafty swap. I love little trinkets that I can add to my folk art shadowboxes so maybe I can think of some sort of trinket/charm swap. I'm going to try to make time to create a piece of art monthly. I would love to have my own show someday soon. I just need a larger collection of work. Check out my latest work. The picture is a small portion of the actual painting. I did this painting several years ago but I recently added some texture using my favorite medium...PUFFY PAINT! I love puffy paint! I love puffy, chunky, glittery texture! It's like cake icing!

Keep checking in! I will be posting more art, photographs & the results from my swaps very soon.

No comments: