Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I <3 Sammy

I took my Sammy Pie to the to vet yesterday for a senior wellness exam. She's probably still mad at me. They probed, prodded & pricked her. My poor kitty was crying the whole time. I asked them to cut her vampire nails. Her toes are pretty now. Sammy's pedicure cost more then mine! I'm hoping that her kidneys are functioning well. She only weighs 3 pounds! She's always been a petite cat but 3 pounds is on the scary side...sometimes I can barely feel her weight on my lap. I have to call tomorrow for results on her kidney function. I realize that there is a possibility her kidneys are failing and I am prepared for the outcome...or maybe I'm not. I don't know what I'd do without her. She has been my best friend for 19 years. 19 years is a very long time for a cat...but not long enough.

In other news...I had great chats with both Mo & Kristie last night. Mo told me about a craftsman 1920s house for rent on her street. She has really good taste so I got super excited & called the owners right away. Mo says that several other people are interested so I'm going over there tomorrow to fill out an application. It's too good to be true but still worth a try. Stephen & I might drive by tonight to take a peek. I'm so sick of apartment life. The home prices are so insane that buying a house is impossible. Renting sucks but my generation has few choices. I'm sad for us all!

No comments: