Monday, May 15, 2006

My weekend at a glance

I am not in the mood to work today. It was so hard to get up this morning. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my bed. I could have stayed in bed all day! Ahhh, that would have been so nice. I need another day off! I wore the uncomfortable shoes today. They match perfectly with the top I'm wearing and besides I was too lazy to search for a more comfortable pair in the abyss that is my closet. If I stay off my feet all day I should be okay.

The weekend was good. I finally conquered Turnbull Canyon by bike...well sort of. I made it up the big hill without throwing up or passing out. I did get off the bike once for a few seconds and then hopped right back on & slowly made my way to the top. I could have probably made it without stopping but I didn't have my mind in it. Once Stephen gave me a pep talk I was able to have a great ride. I came up with my own technique to mentally pull me up the hills. It really works. It's my new secret weapon! Coming down was the best! It felt so good to feel the wind in my face! I might be slow going up...but I am fast coming down! I beat Stephen to the bottom. He slowed down for a hiker & I passed him! Okay, maybe I didn't play fair...but it still felt good to be the first to the car!

Sunday was Mother's Day. Mom, Dad, Billy & I had lunch at El Ranchito in San Clemente. It was delicious! We took a drive in the new car to the flower fields down south. We stopped in to get a strawberry shortcake. My favorite! We did some shopping at one of my favorite stores Leaping Lotus. I bought a wood cat carving that looks just like Sammy for $2 & a couple of japanese beckoning cat statues to give away as gifts. They're really cute & they were only $2.50 each. I love that store. There are so many cute things! It's overwhelming for my senses! Billy & I also suprised my parents (especially my dad...who initially wasn't too pleased but has since fallen in love) with a new puppy. We are hoping this new pup will keep Scout occupied while my parents are at work. The puppy needed a new home & Scout needed a brother. He's a sweetie pie! I was supposed to go th Macaroni Grill for a co-workers birthday but I may visit the puppy instead. Besides I am starting my diet today and pasta is too tempting. I signed up at FitDay & I am on the road to a bikini bod!

Today is payday...Who hoo!!! My pay stub says I still have 7 days vacation! I need to plan something soon before I go completely insane in the cubicle o' hell!

p.s. -I'll post some pictures from our bike ride when I get home.
p.p.s -I got a couple wonderful surprises this weekend. A swap all the way from the UK and a amber cross necklace from Auntie Debbie (a belated b-day gift). I love it!
p.p.p.s -I love you Pie! xoxo

No comments: