Thursday, May 11, 2006

Picky Fishy

Here is my Betta "Fishy Pie" posing for a photo. I got him in November after the death of my beloved 4 year old Betta "Frankie". Frankie was the coolest fish. He recognized me & would happily swim around when I walked by his bowl. He would jump up & catch Betta Bites in his mouth like a puppy! I just recently found out that Fishy Pie is a vegetarian. I was becoming frustrated at his refusal to eat Betta Bites. He survived for months on tiny bits of cereal crumbs, Aussie Bite crumbs and algae. I just discovered his love for rolled oats which he now gets daily. I am a magnet for picky, high maintenance and neurotic pets! I can't wait to get a house so I can add to my menagerie. I want cats, dogs, a pot belly pig, hamsters, turtles, fish, birds and maybe even a capuchin monkey...not to mention a few chubby mullet babies of my own. I'll need a ranch!

No comments: