Thursday, June 22, 2006

Trapped in cubicle hell

This is a picture of me in my cubicle. I want to get out of this job hell so bad but I can't seem to find anything that suits me. There has been some "restructuring" lately and I am currently without a boss for the 6th time in 3 years. My current position is completely changing. This morning one of the managers here said that I could easily move up if I became more assertive. In the same breath she said "stay true to who you are!" I am not meant for the back-stabbing office culture and I need to get out before I suffocate or become like them! I've spent a good portion of my life hating myself and trying to be like everyone else. Over the last couple of years I've come to realize that I like who I am and I am not going to change...even if that means never climbing to the top of the corporate ladder. I am who I am. If karma indeed exists then there is someone here with a big window office who is going to get hers.

In the midst of all the chaos at work we're moving. Yesterday I called in sick & painted the living room of the house. I guess karma must exist because my little white lie came true. I ended up horribly sick last night & this morning. I'm blaming it on the orange chicken from Panda Express I had for dinner! It's a small price I had to pay because the living room looks adorable! Stephen didn't like the pink so it's a lovely shade of green instead. I'm glad he likes the way it looks because I put all my heart into it for him. I could have lived with the pink! =) I'm really excited to move! We're still a little nervous & hoping that our huge furniture will fit. I bought Sammy a new bed and a sparkly red rhinestone collar with her initial. She actually dosn't mind it! I hope the move dosn't stress her out too much. I think she'll be happier there with her bed by a sunny window. I'm just worried that someone will break in & catnap her. She's the only thing irreplaceable. Stephen thinks I should make another tag saying that she's elderly & on medication so nobody will want to steal her. Yesterday while Jenn & I were painting two people knocked on the door (one selling something and the other trying to rent the place) & one creepy dude even walked through the open kitchen door & came in to ask us if he could get work painting the outside of the house! I noticed that many of the neighbors are home during the day so atleast I have some comfort in that.

Anyway, it's off to an extended lunch since I don't officially have a boss until next week! =)

3 comments:

Katie said...

this is your bead swap partner and I was just checking to see if you had recieved them yet. I mailed them out last week and I was getting a little worried.
I hope that you have a better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

good for you caroline....i like you for you too. Good things will happen for you with your job!!!luv ya, bec

Yoonie said...

Hi! Thanks for joining the Felt pin fantasy swap. Will be updating you with your swap buddy soon.